Moreover, the recent introduction of Google Mobile Rankings, whereby responsive websites feature ahead of standard websites in search engine results, and the inability for mobile users to correctly view standard websites on mobile, greatly impacts businesses who do not have a responsive website.
A responsive website is a website which is accessible on all screens (PC, laptop, smartphone and tablet). This means that when a user switches between their laptop and mobile, the website they are viewing automatically adjusts its screen resolution, image size and text legibility.
Check your business’s website on a mobile browser and attempt to assess your browsing experience through the eyes of your current and potential customers.
- Are the graphics visible?
- Is the content clear and concise?
- Do you have to pinch and zoom to find content?
- Is the text legible?
- Can you navigate easily?
- Are there click to call buttons, maps and location information?
- Can you scroll up and down without having to scroll left to right?
Are your answers no to most or all of the above questions? Now think how these negatives affect your customers and, consequently, your business. You must take into account that just because you can see your standard website on a mobile device, it does not mean it is responsive.
Mobile device use is expanding at a rapid rate and therefore, your business really needs to be where your customers are at and that’s mainly on mobile. Without a responsive website you really are losing out on attracting new clients and growing your business. To keep your business at the cutting-edge of mobile technology, and to stay that one step ahead of your closest competitors, isn’t it time you seriously considered moving into the modern mobile world?
Check out the following common features and functions which signpost DoIt Mobile’s best build and design practices for responsive websites.
- Speed: due to their sparse use of text and graphics and improved mobile connectivity, responsive websites, unlike standard websites, open instantaneously on mobile devices.
- Simple Navigation: if you have to pinch and zoom or scroll from left to right, you are not on a responsive website. DoIt Mobile’s responsive websites feature up and down scrolling and large clickable buttons that allow users to get the information they want without clicking on the wrong link.
- Legibility: a standard websites accessed on a mobile device displays tiny text, which is almost illegible. A responsive website displays large and legible text that makes reading an altogether more user-friendly experience.
- Click to Call: unlike standard websites, mobile friendly sites offer users the option of one click connection via email, telephone or SMS. This is a unique and terrific way of bringing more customers into your business.
- Maps and Location Information: inbuilt Google maps can not only show a business location and give directions, GPS can give directions from users’ location in the moment.
- Social Networking: responsive websites harness the power of Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook to help your business connect with customers and allow them to tell their friends about your business, make recommendations and more.
Among others, the features and functions listed above are just a few indicators of what makes a makes a responsive website really successful.